The current subscription is £5 per household per year and for that, members can access the following benefits:
- Three newsletters per year with details of forthcoming events and meetings, gardening tips and recipes and the latest on allotment provision from the Borough and Parish Councils.
- Monthly meetings with interesting speakers (usually at Gorse Hill Community Centre but currently on-line via Zoom) and a Christmas social with free refreshments and entertainment.
- Day trip visits to gardens and other places of interest and spring and autumn coach holidays to facilitate visits further afield.
- On presentation of your current SALGA membership card, purchases from the members only shop at Pickards Field allotment site, which sells composts, fertilisers, vegetable and salad seeds, insecticides, fungicides, nets, canes and much more at very competitive prices.
- Participation in the Kings Seed Club Scheme offering significant discounts to members placing orders in the autumn for delivery in early January.
- An annual horticultural show where members show off their hard work and compete for cash prizes and trophies.
- On presentation of your current SALGA membership card, a discount of 5% on a wide range of seeds and garden products bought from Greatfield Nurseries & Garden Centre, Hook, Swindon SN4 8EQ. Visit their website at https://greatfieldgardencentre.co.uk/
- Discount to SALGA members when ordering on-line from Pennards (details to follow. Pennards have decided to discontinue their annual Potato Day visits to Swindon).